PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow sponsored cadet (HP61) programme 2021 launched
Old 8th Jun 2021, 22:52
torqueshow

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For those that get to realise their potential in aviation that might have otherwise not had the means, what a great opportunity. Whether it’s thinly veiled with the company vying for government contracts, I’m sure that’s not at the forefront of the mind of the student pilot getting an entire career for free.

As with any part of the industry, there’s going to be the ups and downs. The most recent down was pretty damning in the industry, so much so that a lot of those made redundant didn’t return and seemed to find greener pastures. I personally wouldn’t go back after how I, and a lot of colleagues were treated, I wouldn’t put myself through that stress again.

The cadet pilots may have similar experiences at some point in their career, arguably inevitable with the cyclical nature of O&G, as long as their eyes are open and understand that there’s a bit of musical chairs in the North Sea. I’m sure the old salt sat in the other seat will let them know well enough, as they did me years ago.