PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow sponsored cadet (HP61) programme 2021 launched
Old 8th Jun 2021, 19:10
inmate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
So true Sas,
Ah fond memories of being overrun and manhandled (not too gently I might add) by a very annoyed bunch of Nigerians in Escarvos, held against my will in the jungles of New Guinea, and the list goes on. Thanks for the note. I retired in April and like you open cans for Labs and cats. Also I am the proxy "head of the household" but we all know the real truth.
A little sidebar to this thread which might encourage those who work for less than appreciative clients: When I made my last flight on the 28th I landed back at the hangar to be greeted with an airline type Fire Hose salute, as the hangar doors opened the flags of the RAF and Union Jack unfurled and they played the UK National Anthem with most of the work crews including retired past employees. Lunch had a British theme, Bangers, Beef, Sausage rolls ect. and this was all put together by a US client here in the US. The company (Client) web page also had a splash.
So the road to retirement (read career) may not always be smooth and easy but the good clients/companies are out there as demonstrated by my last 15 years with this one. It was both an honor and a pleasure working for them. (Bristow at one time had this contract too)