PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow sponsored cadet (HP61) programme 2021 launched
Old 8th Jun 2021, 17:08
inmate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
We are the Nomads of the Aviation Industry

Firstly SAS glad your still around, I was starting to wonder!
Our industry has always had the "Good Bad and the Ugly" much like most of aviation so lumping everyone into the same "dirty water" is not a good idea. Anytime any company looks to the future and offers the next generation the opportunity to join the aviation community then I'm all for it. I hope that the new crop are selected with more emphases on their potential as pilots rather than getting the correct ticks in the box. We've all met them over the years. The Bonding argument also has its G,B and U but when any company invests their money in an individual and he/she meets their standards then I personally believe they "have to work for the man". For how long and under what conditions well that's up for discussion. The company's also needs to cut their loses on some and not carry them.
For those who are young and might get disheartened by the negativity that they read here and on other sources take heart, your career is what you make it, it will not be an easy road but boy for me its been a fun road trip.(Most of the time!)