PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting aircraft - what have you seen on your computer today?
Old 7th Jun 2021, 16:37
LessThanSte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poshgirl
Today had two Typhoons out from Coningsby. Only showing one callsign, RIOT0001 on Flightradar 24. When I went outside to have a look there were two and they were very close together! They overflew BHX before heading to Worcester/Evesham area. On way back, there were still two... Love the military call signs!
All part of the Midlands Air Festival at Ragley Hall. Based themselves at EMA for the weekend (as far as I can tell they are still there!). ANARCHY1 was its flight number for the displays. Had a nice surprise as it drifted over on Saturday afternoon (sadly without the afterburners on) on its way home, then got a repeat sighting on its way to the display on Sunday afternoon (passing directly overhead).

The ADSB flight tracking looks amusing - might see how long i can replicate that on flight sim next time (before i crash!)

ADS-B Exchange - tracking 9774 aircraft (adsbexchange.com)

By the way, this was the Typhoon that's had its tummy painted in union jack colours. Looked good from beneath (even with the hot day haze)!