PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Inconvenient Truth
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2021, 11:33
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by matkat
Chug, as long as the MAA is controlled by retired senior officer they will never be impartial. At the inception of the MAA I applied fora job and was bluntly told as I had not been an officer I was never going to get in says it all really. As for the DECUs I do remember when I worked on the chinook fleet at Gutersloh watching the actuators moving themselves with no-one in the cockpit.
Fully agree with you matkat, that is why a fully independent MAA outwith the MOD should be under a civilian DG with serving personnel under him and directly answerable to him, as would be their civilian colleagues of course. No doubt lots of reasons why that would not work. I can only say that it has to, given the cost in lives and treasure of the present system.

Your alarming testimony of UFCM's during servicing is an example of the technical evidence that was conspicuous by its absence in the Mull BoI, let alone the SI into the accident which we still await, following on from the quashing of the ROs' findings by the SoS!

Dervish, many thanks for the link to to the Glasgow Herald story. Might I suggest that those interested do a pdf copy for themselves as I did. Repeated visits back seem to trigger the site paywall otherwise.