PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Master List
Thread: The Master List
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2021, 09:21
excrab

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
As a member of the Jet2 U.K. pilot group could I please disassociate myself, and probably the majority of Jet2’s pilots from Whitemonk’s Comments.
Rather than not caring, I wasn’t aware of the difference in pay during the pandemic. I was aware that the Spanish government contribution was lower, but had, wrongly, assumed that the Company would have at least paid the same in top up payments to the Spanish based pilots. It is also totally wrong of Whitemonk to say that BALPA don’t care, BALPA cannot represent the Spanish pilots, or at least that is my understanding, as they are a U.K. union.

To put things in perspective, Jet2 have been surprisingly generous to the workforce who they have kept on during the pandemic, more so than many would have expected. However, apart from a bi-weekly email bulletin reminding us to let the APU cool down before turning off the battery, communication from Management have been lacking; unless you know anyone in the Spanish bases there is no way to know what is happening, but the fact that a large number of those transferring to the Bristol base are apparently coming from ALC presumably says something about the situation (and Brexit, possibly).