PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2021, 22:48
WingNut60

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
I don't think so, U.S.A debunked that that theory that C-19 does not thrive in the heat as they had regular 6 figure deaths and cases daily during their summer.

Do these countries have high vaccine uptake?
Better than Australia, but that's not hard.
With a personal link to Calgary (a most livable contender) I can assure you that they have not been restriction free - see following graph.
And that included inter-provincial travel restrictions (to Vancouver, another contender).

The following are both interesting - or, they are to me.
  • 3,013,555 vaccine doses have been administered in Alberta, including Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca-Oxford.
  • 66 per cent of Alberta's population of those ages 12 and up have now received at least one dose of vaccine.
  • 502,833 Albertans are fully immunized (two doses).
  • Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta's chief medical officer of health, said the vaccines have proven even more effective than expected.
  • The province says 96 per cent of cases since Jan. 1, 2021 were contracted by people who were unvaccinated or who were diagnosed within two weeks from having a first dose of vaccine.
  • Just 0.2 per cent of Albertans who have received their first dose of vaccine have been diagnosed with COVID-19 two weeks or more after receiving the shot. Over that same period, 93 per cent of the people who needed hospital care were either not vaccinated or were diagnosed with infection within two weeks of receiving their first dose.