PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Green List - extra routes ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2021, 15:35
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am very firmly on the side of the Airlines & their employees etc, & find the Government’s squirming around & frankly, lying & misleading actions (as I see it), quite unbelievable. They are trying to be all things to all men by making reassuring statements to one sector , & then, totally contradicting ones to other sectors. I don’t envy them in having to deal with this scourge, but they are misleading us all. However, our experience here in The Channel Islands proves to me that travel is responsible for letting this virus in. We originally had a burst of transmission when the ports were open; then the virus all but disappeared when they were closed; then more infection when they opened again; then a slight increase when they were opened more widely - & all of these were attributable to incoming passengers. So, what do we do ? Well, we cannot carry on like this because, very soon, we will have no Airlines left. Fact. If this vaccination campaign is a success, the Govt must put its money where it’s mouth is & let people travel, & very soon. How many people are actually dying of Covid ? Surely, there are far more dying of other causes. I cannot remember travel being banned when a few hundred were dying of the flu. Now that we have a, supposed, effective vaccine why are we being restricted, & why are those in the travel sector having their (almost immediate) futures being threatened in this way ? Either this vaccine works, or it doesn’t !