PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi engine helicopters - Governor failure procedure
Old 3rd Jun 2021, 14:40
megan

Received 393 Likes on 208 Posts
Ah, the old 'System tested, no fault found' attitude beloved of many maintainers.........
crab, I must confess I wouldn't necessarily point the finger at the maintainers, we lived professionally beneath a mushroom, no intercourse was permitted with entities outside of our own few acres of dirt. When the 76's were purchased the C & T was sent to the US for endorsement and he was to come back to endorse we lower ranks, he suggested to the company that he stop over for a day or two at one of his transit points to chat with an established 76 operation, he was told that under no circumstance was he to make contact with said organisation. We saw it as the aviation advisor protecting his little patch/empire, nor did anyone, other than the advisor, ever attended international forums, just not done old boy. Engineers were under the same restraints, once they were licensed that was the end of any education, most were actually unlicensed, budget you know, you have to pay extra for licensed, the licensed signed off on the work done by the unlicensed. The biggest fracas I ever saw was a pilot came back with an aircraft that failed the trend by a monumental margin, engineers decided a ground run was in order and during the check the engine self destructed big time. I wonder if the trend was trying to say something?