PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2021, 22:39
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cessnapete
Oh dear, Re the AZ 'scare". The risk of the AZ vaccine data shows it's far more dangerous to a refuse the vaccine, than the tiny proportion of possible blood clotting.
Large proportion of UK has,(me), and is still having the AZ. So we're all doomed here??

being in the UK, you must be fully aware of the European response to AstraZeneca. Care to explain that to us. And why it is not be used in Australia for the under 50 age groups.

I’ll save you some work..

People under 40 will be offered an alternative to the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine where possible and while infection rates remain low, following a recommendation from government advisers.It comes after the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) reviewed the speed and uptake of Covid vaccines in the UK and the latest figures on very rare blood clots after first shots of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

now I am not agreeing with those responses, just pointing out what has happened here and around the world. And yes, there are plenty in the over 50 age group waiting for the Pfizer vaccine because they have been scared off AstraZeneca, including one of our state premiers.

meanwhile..Pfizer's Covid vaccine is the 'probable' cause of heart inflammation in a very small number of people who get the jab, Israel's Health Ministry claimed today.

Analysis of the jab rollout there found there had been 148 cases of myocarditis, the medical name for swelling in the heart, shortly after the patient had been vaccinated.

A total of 275 cases have been spotted so far out of around five million people given the Pfizer jab in Israel, which has had one of the world's most successful jab rollouts. The remaining 127 are thought to have happened later so a link was unclear

shouldn’t there be a scare campaign against Pfizer now.

Last edited by Foxxster; 2nd Jun 2021 at 23:26.