PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2021, 09:24
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
I think a major issue is the supply of the Pfizer vaccine. I understand it will not be available in large quantities, 1 million a week, until October under current contracts. Currently the number is around 300,000 a week. The bulk of our vaccines are the AstraZeneca. Which has had the scare campaign surrounding it both here and in many other countries.

the Pfizer is needed for a large number of the remaining unvaccinated as they are under 50 or are over 50 but holding out due to the scare campaign, yes including the chook premier in Queensland.

given that, our vaccination rates are still ramping up. Now at 4.24 million. But realistically we are not going to have wide scale opening of international borders until we have at least 50%+ vaccinated, similar to other countries that have or are considering some international travel. Which isn’t going to be until the end of this year at the earliest. And I suspect the same will relate to state borders as well.

having mentioned the scare campaign, that audio report I linked to has some potentially disturbing developments surrounding these vaccines. Which could have very wide implications.
Oh dear, Re the AZ 'scare". The risk of the AZ vaccine data shows it's far more dangerous to a refuse the vaccine, than the tiny proportion of possible blood clotting.
Large proportion of UK has,(me), and is still having the AZ. So we're all doomed here??

Last edited by cessnapete; 2nd Jun 2021 at 11:03.