PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Diversity Chief
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2021, 21:59
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
It doesn’t take much to get you lot all riled up does it?!

I think the outrage has gone on long enough.

I’m a serving Officer and it doesn’t bother me one bit. I agree it’s not the best way to spend the money (it may be pro rata and her work may be done in a few months). If it makes a few people happy then so be it. It will not change our fighting effectiveness for the worse so, for the sake of your blood pressure just let it slide and find something else to twist your knickers.

BV
Bob, The question should be; is a diversity chief essential to the operational effectiveness of the armed forces? Just what kind of improvement for the greater good does this lady bring? Does it help present the armed forces in a more desirable image even? That is to say, does it sharpen HM Forces credibility internationally? The answer depends on who you ask I suppose. It might get a favourable reception among the readership of the Guardian/Observer, then again, these are the people who find the greatest difficult understanding why we have a standing air force anyway. This lady's appointment is pure politics. If the term airman is banned, for example, how are they going to enforce it? Threaten disciplinary action for accidentally uttering it? Then again it might just be matter of generational perceptions after all.

FB