PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Diversity Chief
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2021, 16:37
LOMCEVAK

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
It doesn’t take much to get you lot all riled up does it?!

I think the outrage has gone on long enough.

I’m a serving Officer and it doesn’t bother me one bit. I agree it’s not the best way to spend the money (it may be pro rata and her work may be done in a few months). If it makes a few people happy then so be it. It will not change our fighting effectiveness for the worse so, for the sake of your blood pressure just let it slide and find something else to twist your knickers.

BV
Bob,
I am sure that you can see that there is also humour running through this thread. 'Back in the day' there were some behaviours that were inappropriate and out of order but some of what was said that today would be verboten was intended in good humour and was accepted as such. What we must never lose sight of is that we must always be able to criticise justifiably any poor performance and not be threatened with action due to the individual being from a 'diverse' background; I have seen this happen. The bottom line is that everyone deserves due respect and appropriate and fair interaction with others, irrespective of any 'group' within which they fall.

To quote from one of the greatest influences upon the English language, Monty Python's 'Life of Brian': "It's not so much the ability to have babies, Reg, it's the right to have babies"