PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK ATPL to EASA - moving on
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2021, 15:49
The Mint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Alex.

I have been e mailing a few of the NAA's on the same point. The only thing that worried me was people like myself that had done their ATPL exams pre EASA ( 1996 ) in my case. But I think that Article 9 should mean that UK CAA are valid whenever they were taken as they were deemed suitable for the issue of an EASA ATPL. Then you just have to abide by FCL 0.25 for the seven years from last EASA IR

Would you think that's a fair assessment ?From COMMISSION REGULATION (EU) No 1178/2011

Article 9 - Credit for training commenced prior to the application of this Regulation

Regulation (EU) 2019/1747

1. In respect of issuing Part-FCL licences in accordance with Annex I, training commenced prior to the application of this Regulation in accordance with the JARs and procedures, under the regulatory oversight of a Member State recommended for mutual recognition within the Joint Aviation Authorities’ system in relation to the relevant JARs, shall be given full credit provided that the training and testing were completed by 8 April 2016 at the latest and a Part-FCL licence is issued by 1 April 2020 at the latest.

2. Training commenced prior to the application of this Regulation in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention shall be given credit for the purposes of issuing Part-FCL licences on the basis of a credit report established by the Member State in consultation with the Agency.

3. The credit report shall describe the scope of the training, indicate for which requirements of Part-FCL licences credit is given and, if applicable, which requirements applicants need to comply with in order to be issued with Part-FCL licences. It shall include copies of all documents necessary to demonstrate the scope of the training and of the national regulations and procedures in accordance with which the training was commenced.