PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One eye pulsing with heartbeat.... a bit worried
Old 1st Jun 2021, 10:55
Numb3r6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see some interest in this issue, and if I can add anything from my experience that may help others I will do so. I have an appointment with my ophthalmic consultant tomorrow, where I hope to learn the results of the MRI I had almost 3 weeks ago, so if that happens as expected I will update. In the period since my first symptoms took place I've continued to search for more information on the pulsing symptom, but found nothing apart from the mention in this very thread, which seems a bit odd.

In discussing with my consultant he has already said that it's not a symptom that is normally associated with PVD, whereas floaters and light arcs are. If things are flashing, that could be a retinal tear/detachment, likewise if you experience a curtain like obstruction in your vision. Those symptoms need rapid attention should a retinal detachment be happening. I understand there are various techniques ranging from traditional surgery to whizzy laser treatments too, so there is a chance to repair the retina, but time is of the essence.

In terms of symptoms dissipating, I think it's also the case that as the brain tries to figure out what these new floaters etc are, over time it learns to filter them out so you are less aware of them.

Scan results update
Well I had my consultant appointment today, with my main interest being MRI scan findings, not only for myself, but for anyone else trying to understand this issue, as there seems to be so little information in the public domain.

Sadly I cannot enlighten further.
My eye/blood supply/brain scans apparently did not show anything of significance nor interest. This leaves me at a dead end, but I’m telling myself at least nothing sinister was readily identified, and taking that as a positive. I’ve been advised to have OCT scans as part of my regular eye care, and of course to monitor for any changes that may require intervention.

Last edited by Numb3r6; 2nd Jun 2021 at 19:09. Reason: Scan update