PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saddam Hussein Arrested!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2003, 14:30
BlueWolf
Lupus Domesticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent news!

Now that we have the bounder, he can tell us exactly where all these bothersome damned "Weapons of Mass Destruction" are hidden...

....um, just to make sure, there were some, weren't there? I mean, that's why "we" wanted to get rid of him, isn't it? It wasn't anything to do with 9/11, or terrorism, because that was Afghanistan and the Taleban, wasn't it?

And of course it couldn't have had anything to do with Iraq's switch from the US Dollar to the Euro, as the currency for oil transactions; that probably had nothing to do with it.

Nope, it was a purely altruistic action, designed to remove a murdering fascist thug from power, in the interests of his oppressed people.

If I were Bob Mugabe, I'd be real worried right about now. Or maybe I wouldn't; Bob don't got no oil, and he hasn't upset the Dollar, and he ain't got no Weapons of Mass Destruction neither; but then maybe neither did Saddam. I guess he can tell us himself, now.

Ah, what the hell, Saddam needed got rid of, whatever the excuse. (thinks: so does Harare Bob). And he supported terrorism.

Well actually, no, he didn't. Iraq under Saddam (psycopathic genocidal fascist thug, as I have said several times before) was a relatively moderate secular state, with good schools and modern hospitals, where women could go about their business without having to cover their faces, where health was good and literacy high, where fuel was cheap and electricity reliable.

The supporters of terrorism were, and are, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and others, the deservedly ill-fated Taleban amongst them.

So if he didn't support terrorism, and he didn't have WMD, why did "we" get rid of him? Could it possibly be that his threat to the hegemony of the greenback was danger enough? If it wasn't that, and if we are serious about ridding the world of oppressive dictators for purely humanitarian reasons, are we going to go into Zimbabwe next?

Maybe I'm a cynic, or maybe I'm just curious....

Good on the guys on the ground who brought him in. However, I think that they erred somewhat in not killing him on the spot; I mean, what the hell are they going to do with him now?