PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 31st May 2021, 21:08
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyingStone

Of course the airlines would not want the 1500 hour rule, it would not suit their pockets. But with the current amount of pilots looking for jobs in Europe, it would take many years before there would be need for new "cadets". There is flying to get these hours in Europe or outside Europe, but it demands a lot more effort and you need to be much more motivated to want to do this. It does not just depends on mum/dad's bank anymore, you actually need to want to achieve your goal by much hard work and making sacrifices. No longer depending on over paying the FTO who has an airline agreement, who all take their own little cuts of the massive amount students pay for their training. The integrated ones paying 120K or more, are more or less paying "double" of what it would cost if you did it modular. Everyone I know who did modular when I did it, eventually managed to get a job, but sure it took much more effort and work, but they reached their goals in the end anyway.

It's funny how this route used to work fine before, when it was not expected that your first job had to be on an A320 or 737.
This route would kill of the FTO's charging 120K for their corrupt integrated courses, trying to lock out everyone else doing modular route or their way to reach their career goals.

As for the complaint about "unexperienced FI's, what a load of nonsense, most of those FI's start of training PPL students, the ones doing CPL and IR / ME, would always have much more experience, hence your trainers would have more experience as you take different ratings.

I am going to be blunt, if you in these times go and pay £100K or more for an integrated flight course, you are showing serious lack of judgement. And these FTO's selling these courses should stop selling lies.

You can get all done in your own time for probably around £50K, and you have just as good chance to get a job when you have completed the course as anyone else, specially in a company like RYR.