PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work Visa renewals
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2021, 06:20
Stone Temple Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ToCatLady

Your post, IMHO, takes the price as the lamest and most arrogant post on PPRUNE for a while, and I praise that Cathay still has sensible employees like BabyYoda to add some well-informed and mature comments to bring you off your high horse and down to earth.

In my almost 2 decades in KA, I did not come across anyone who had wanted CX, but "had to go with" KA instead...in particular experienced expat pilots made a conscious choice of steering well clear of CX after the 49'ers.
Look at the cadet course that had to go to CX temporarily. Not a single pilot wanted to stay with CX - to the major disbelief of all the CX managers - but went to KA at first opportunity.
We never wanted to be "on the Hub", to have Cathay smeared all over the fuselage, to "go beyond" and be "part of the team" - while we were clearly NOT really part of the team (not even in the crew room as it turns out, interpreting your attitude!).

Cathay was, is and always will be toxic!

KA was a brilliant company with brilliant pilots until CX got its hands on it.
The rest is history.

If KA had been terrible business, no future in our airframes and routes, yes, fair enough, it was time to cut everyone loose and get rid of the company for not really being on the ball.
However, that ain't really the case is it now?

We now have our 50-odd aircraft (oh, yes, plus the freighters that were conveniently handed over to CX ages ago as "there was no money in cargo") and routes, being handed over on a silver platter to CX for junior non-PR 777 drivers to fly.

It is a relief, in this case, to know that according to you, ToCatLady, from what I gather, CX pilots are clearly much better at doing our job, since all the KA pilots are the ones who couldn't pass the SO interview.

Have a safe flight to Kunming in the 321NEO at FL276.

Cheers!