PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced Landing on Collaroy Beach NSW
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2021, 23:33
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by mcoates
Damm, now your admitting to dropping something from an aircraft ??? Section 29.5 of the Civil Aviation Orders

Off we go again
You really are a flog, aren't you? Then again, I guess such a comment is to be expected from someone who was found by the NSW Coroner to have a "litany of dishonesty" and rulebreaking for your own pecuniary interests. Maybe that's why you can't understand the requirements for a legislative reference to your claims, you just go and do what you want anyway and to hell with the consequences...

Originally Posted by The NSW Coroner
One could be forgiven for doubting whether any maintenance or servicing was ever performed on the aircraft while owned by Coates. His record keeping was so appalling and to the extent that it existed at all, inaccurate, that we will never know. Very little if any of his two days oral evidence could be accepted other than his own admission as to his deceptive, or fraudulent dealings with RA Aus in relation to the registration of aircraft and use of unregistered aircraft, his ‘re-registering’ of an unregistered plane, his continued use of Czech registration in Australia in contravention of requirements, and his wrongful use of the serial number of an aircraft in Australia, on an aircraft in the USA. He compounded the litany of dishonesty by having prepared the Condition Report in August 2004 required for the sale to JG despite being prohibited from doing so by his pecuniary interest (i.e. ownership) of the aircraft on which the report was compiled, and further, without the qualification required to do so.

There is a strong likelihood that records which he did produce to the court were prepared for court production, and also that ‘Logs’ were not contemporaneous but may have been fictionally backdated to ensure a sale. He admitted that much of what was written by him in his Sting newsletters stretched the truth or were ‘sales puffery’ for marketing purposes.

<SNIP>

Similarly there were clear deficiencies in the Pilot Log Book and Aircraft Log Book completed by Mr Coates with respect to this aircraft. They failed to comply with the requirements for such records Source.
Now, moving on to toe substance of your post, having checked both CAO29.5 and the overarching regulation CAR150 prior to agreeing to not only doing it, but also spending a bucket load of time & $$ to design, build, install and flight-test an RV-9 specific cremains dispenser, I'm pretty confident I complied with the requirements. Of course, if you're alleging a breach of the CAR's or CAO29.5, I'm all ears.

Care to put such an allegation in writing here? Because as you can see, I freely admit to doing it...