PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2021, 08:26
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
To be fair on Victoria, Canberra could come to the party on the remote quarantine front in that state, the proposal is excellent from what I’ve been told, and of course fix its jab rollout. Two key projects that could prevent these events. I understand the point in regards to the Feds not constantly bailing out states every month, however they could do a better job at the stuff they are responsible for. Avalon construction should have started by now. Hurry the **** up!

Not overly sure contact tracing is at fault either here. From what I gather this last week has been the biggest contact tracing effort ever during this pandemic. Sydney hasn’t been tested like that yet. My son went to the footy, was contacted very soon after. Impressive considering they are chasing up tens of not hundreds of thousands of people in the last week.

I know an aircrew who had a positive as a pax back in the Sydney Christmas mess. NSW health contacted him 6 days later.
I watched the vic govt news conference today & despite what many others think i have to agree they are doing a very good job.
We can go on about whats happened in the past & it was definitely a stuff up but realistically whats being done right now is what matters.
The testing numbers a couple of weeks back were around 15000/day,now its triple that so the logistics involved to achieve that is nothing to be sneezed at.