PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA licence for U.K. national with PPL
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2021, 19:11
portsharbourflyer
Educated Hillbilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Genghis,

Without a UK Part FCL in the short term they wont be able to apply for any work on the G Reg (remember the two year validation only applies to EASA licences issued prior to the 30/12/2020) , In this situation the EASA license this student receives gives no entitlement to fly on the G reg without redoing the exams and flight tests. There was no mention they were doing both EASA and UK Part FCL, my understanding of the post is they were doing EASA only. I also made an assumption the exams have been completed after 31/12/2020 in which case Austoro exams have no UK credit.

There are schools giving the option of doing both side by side, which I don't dispute is a sensible approach to take.

Most UK Pilots seem to forget that after 2022 all the UK airlines will only be able to employ UK Part FCL holders so the "pool" of pilots to recruit from for UK airlines will be significantly smaller.

Selfin, good point, but a UK national with a UK Part FCL license will have a larger pool of employment opportunities (assuming a post covid recovery at some point) being able to fly on the G Reg, than limited to flying only on the EU reg for Ryanair, Stobart, ASL and Cityjet.

Last edited by portsharbourflyer; 29th May 2021 at 20:32.