PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N72EX (Kobe Bryant) Crash Update-
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2021, 02:58
SASless

Received 512 Likes on 214 Posts
I have asked Brother Dixson to join us here by separate correspondence as I hang upon his every word when it comes to all things Sikorsky.

He very much is a good source of information and a source of good information too.

I tried to search past threads here but did not find the posts I was looking for....made by another old Sikorsky Man In The Know that no longer visits with us here.

I suppose my experience flying A Model Chinooks with the SAS turned off kinda dulled me to merely skittish acting helicopters as the Hook could jingle your nerves a bit as you sat there with your boot toe against the chin bubble and the forward droop stops pounding themselves to death as the side slip approached 90 Degrees with an entry airspeed of a hundred plus knots when the SAS kicked off with no warning. Oddly.....the sound of the howling wind roaring through an open Pilot's Door Window lessened the clatter a bit on the upwind side. Maybe that is why the specter of the PBA mucking about with the goings on doesn't seem to have taken on the significance for me as one may have suspected it might.

I bet a Wessex could squirm a bit if a Harrier got close by.

Last edited by SASless; 29th May 2021 at 03:10.