PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 28th May 2021, 23:52
Tom Sawyer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Pretty sure you are not in the airline industry asking these questions.
Yeah....only 30 years plus in the ops side of things, mainly engineering, so I think I've got a decent grip on how things work. If it is not a factor having aircraft misplaced, then why did it take VA 24 hours or so to get things back on track post the Sabre failure last week? By their own advice it was because of aircraft out of place along with their crews. I've dealt with plenty of aircraft out of place due to cancellations and support empty ferry flights, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

However, maybe not be a major factor for Rex due to small B737 network and operation..................seems they'd rather fly the aircraft no matter what the load, even if it is 1 pax travelling SYD-MEL as per Friday's early morning flight. The other pax were no shows more than likely due to the VIC Covid situation. Two SYD-MEL flights cancelled in the afternoon though due to lack of pax, so probably that aircraft/crew was a paired operation.