PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BEA flights organisational structure.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2021, 14:11
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Had the opposite flying with an ex Luftwaffe starfighter always minimum fuel skipper from a london night stop back home to Zurich. Left him to the planning whilst I went to Smiths to buy a load of mags for the mrs and the Sunday sport. Looked at the planning whilst strapping myself in and yet again minimum fuel in spite of prob temp below minimum as well as our alternate dodgy. His dad had a cannon shell go through his head whilst approaching to land in a Focke wulf 190 courtesy of a septic.
As often happened sunrise saw a thickening of the fog and we got reduce to minimum speed expected approach time xxxx which meant we were off to Stuttgart soon. Luckily the fog thickened which closed the airfield to most of the other traffic so I stated our capabilities and we were taken out of the hold for a direct approach. I didn’t mention it and after that we got on well, so well that he later gave me the only flight that we were to do to Caracas and when I asked for a visual from 12 grand downwind he just sat and watched...dropped down onto the glide slope from above and spooled the DC10 engines up at 700ft.
and you tell that to the youngsters and they won’t believe you..manual of course and no flight director...
PS I even flared it properly and didn’t fly into the runway.