PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forced Landing on Collaroy Beach NSW
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2021, 05:37
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by mcoates
honestly, it is pointless communicating with some of you guys. To avoid any confusion I contacted the CASA appointed body that controls Recreational Aviation Australia. The control is delegated to the RA-Aus by CASA.
They should know everything about flying aircraft registered with them. The answer I got was an explicit NO, only 2 people in an RA-Aus aircraft, no children, no infants
Originally Posted by mcoates
it's easy to see that a couple of the people here no more than the regulators.
The RA-Aus are delegated by CASA to register and license this end of the market segment. They should know their own rules and they were very clear with what they told me.
Maximum of 2 people in an RA-Aus aircraft at any time, no 3rd person is allowed regardless of size or age.
I have to do acknowledge that they know what they're talking about because they are CASA delegated authority to this end of the industry.
They are not aviation lawyer wannabes.
As I said earlier, you can't fight with stupidity!
Just wait-and-see what happens, it'll either go away by itself because no offence was committed, or action will be taken.
It wasn't you flying the aircraft was it ? and that is why you are so defensive ?
So, again, what reference where you provided?

You haven't even documented who you claim to have spoken to, apart from "RAAus". Was it the Tech Manager? Was it the CEO? The Chairman? Or the admin staff who answered the phone? You try to belittle other PPruner's by 'arguing against stupidity' but you yourself cannot provide a single reference to substantiate your position, only an obscure comment about a telephone call to someone in RAAus.

As much as I would like to believe those in RAAus know what they're talking about, prior personal experience, documented both here and on other forums, demonstrate that is not always the case. I refer you to RAAus violating their own privacy policy by disclosing members addresses to aerodrome operators, before their (amended) privacy policy allowed it. I also refer you to a post of mine from 2014 where RAAus refused to allow my RV-9A - which met the requirements of CAO 95.55 - on to their register because their then-tech manager was sure he knew the legislation that administers their operations. And you know what? He was proven wrong, and for 4 years, I flew an RV-9A under RAAus administration, registered as a 2-seater, with a BEW of 445Kg and a 600Kg MTOW limit.

As you've said, you'd like to think they know what they're talking about - but if they can't even understand CAO 95.55 - arguably the most common piece of legislation that administers their operations - what hope do you think they have of understanding a relatively obscure CAO?