PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2021, 03:42
Guptar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A few people here are mis-understanding the area of complex medicine and complex medicl conditions.
I have had in my family all my life with complex medical conditions so I have spent lots and lots of time in hospital waiting rooms.
Firstly, many people don;t understand the notion of "effectivness". I'll post a video that shows it's almost a random rumber based on a single study. It often has no relation to the numbers generated after say 5 years of use.

I have read the reprt from the NHS twice and can't find the refference to the 1in10 in hospital who have been vacinated.
However, it could be true, but for a different reason. A vaccination does not stop you getting the virus (as believed by lots lf people in the community), but for people with complex medical conditions who are fully vaccinated, getting covid (or influenza or dozens of other viruses) can cause a cascade of other problems which puts them in hospital. Their immune system may be combating Covid quite successfully, but due to the fragility of their other systems you ger a rapidly cascading set of other sytem problems. I suspect this is the case in the NHS numbers but will have to wait a few years for a full study to be be published.

I have a step-daugter in this position - she has been sent to hospital by helicopter 7 times through her life for this exact reason.