PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anchor Nut substition
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2021, 14:50
sph33r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Wrench, I'll study into the material you linked once the turbocharged toddler is asleep, regarding details...
It is a State registration aircraft, so it is not monitored by an aviation authority outside the military and since the substitution is authorized by said military authority it is legal (within the organization, in any case). What I am trying to find is -since it is not mentioned as an option within the manufacturers technical documentation- the general concept in the industry, of how acceptable it is as a practice...And if there is any logic to the arguments "if we can do it on one aircraft type why cant we do it on another" and "there are general standard practices that apply to everything, everywhere" (I believe reading Part 43 will cover me on these matters, from an FAA perspective, I wonder what EASA would say...)
From a technical standpoint, as long as there is the same "force" holding everything in place, and the nut is secured I understand there shouldn't be an issue.
The anchor nut in question (1 of 6) supports a bracket, which in turn supports the flotation gear.