PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VA Reemployment
Thread: VA Reemployment
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2021, 04:13
Cypher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbantime
You’re all very lucky that a re-employment deed actually exists. I’m sure if Bain had their say before they bought the company, they would not have agreed to it. From a pure business perspective, it would be much cheaper/easier to re-employ ex-VANZ/Tiger B737 pilots who are relatively current over re-hiring guys pushing 60 and having to retrain them on to the 737.
It wouldn't matter if they wanted to re-employ VANZ Tiger VARA etc. The re-employment mechanism is all via the group date of joining which those units are a party to. Most of the VANZ pilots are in NZ and most probably won't move to Australia which would involve packing up and moving during a pandemic. Most, but not all, everyone's situation is different. There's no mechanism to reinstate those old contacts. I would expect to be re-employed back on the same EBA as everyone else.
I'm still interested in seeing how they're going to get their ZQN RNP-AR certification back in time for September.

It will be interesting to see how far 88 positions would go down the GDOJ list, taking into account people that have retired now and others that don't plan to come back.