PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 10:42
dysslexicgod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the Good2Go travel insurance website:
If you are purchasing a new Domestic Travel Insurance policy on or after 25 November 2020, the following is a summary of what is covered and not covered for COVID-19.

Due to the widespread media reports on COVID-19, and the World Health Organization (WHO) announcement declaring COVID-19 a pandemic, COVID-19 is a foreseen or known event. Therefore, subject to the paragraph below, any losses for trip cancellation, trip delay and/or additional expenses caused by or due to COVID-19 are not considered unexpected, unknown and/or unforeseeable, and will not be covered under the terms and conditions of all Leisure Travel Insurance policies underwritten by AIG Australia Limited.

However, if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 after the purchase of an individual Leisure Travel Insurance policy and such diagnosis is made prior to departure, you will be covered for trip cancellation, provided you have a valid, confirmed and documented diagnosis at the time of departure. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 while on a covered trip, you will be covered for additional expenses, provided you have a valid, confirmed and documented diagnosis and provided your trip was not in conflict with any state, territory, federal government or health authority travel advisory, restrictions or warnings. However, such coverage is always subject to you meeting all other terms and conditions of your policy........

..and similar from the medibank travel insurance website: "

We don’t provide cover for

• If the government bans travel to the country or part of the country you are travelling to before or during your trip, such as through “Do Not Travel” warnings.
  • Government directed border closures.
  • Some benefits are not covered if your trip includes a multi-night cruise.
  • Mandatory quarantine or self-isolation requirements related to cross border, area, region or territory travel."
Troo believer and Aviation Enthusiast, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

None of you know about "fine print" do you? Didn't think so.

As I said earlier, if Covid19 killed 20 somethings and thirty somethings like you, and not your parents and grandparents, you would be screaming from the rooftops for total lockdown.

You will have to wait for your inheritance a little longer my friend.

Last edited by dysslexicgod; 26th May 2021 at 10:53.