PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2021, 03:52
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenagain
Meanwhile, 50% of all American adults have received their first doses. Fortress Australia is going to be left behind the rest of the western world over the next 6 months.

we are progressing well despite a pretty poor start. With the arrival of large numbers of Pfizer vaccine, the mass vaccine centres and the 40+ age group now allowed, the rate will continue to accelerate.
Doesn’t help when you have a certain premier and their chief health officer both as yet unvaccinated and being in the over 50 age group,should have received the AstraZeneca vaccine but have stated they don’t want that one , only the Pfizer.

oh, and I did try and warn people but was shouted down, So I will repeat what I said, both the head of retail at Sydney airport and also Deloitte partner Chris Richardson have stated numbers of international travellers won’t return to what is was for at least two years.

For Australia, some form of quarantine will remain for some incoming travellers for some time," Deloitte partner Chris Richardson wrote.
"That keeps international travel (both inbound and outbound) pretty weak in 2022, and it may not return to pre-pandemic levels until 2024."
Much of Mr Richardson's forecasts rely on the speed of Australia's COVID-19 vaccination rollout, which he predicts to overtake that of the virus mutating.
"Central to the speed of that grind will be the ongoing tug-of-war between mutations and vaccinations," he wrote.
"But we continue to see vaccinations as the more likely winner of that struggle.
"So although some pain will linger – particularly as the mutations mean international borders will remain less-than-fully open for longer – most of Australia's economy looks on course to be close to pre-pandemic normal by Christmas 2021."

listen to these people…

3.61 million vaccines so far..

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vac...untry=OWID_WRL

Last edited by Foxxster; 26th May 2021 at 04:10.