PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The next CASA CEO/DAS
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2021, 02:42
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
There is a particular pilot character that I have always disliked and that is the person who will go through all the hoops to become an airline pilot but really really wants to be management and finds flying itself to be distasteful. You can spot them quite early in their career and even though they will join in discussion about the poor quality of management when they are line pilots will very quickly change when they become management. They usually take on management roles within weeks of being CTL in the LHS. Those who for whatever reason don't crack it in an airline or worse still, get pushed out of the airline nest (the initials TJ come to mind) will then look to CASA as a vehicle for their non-flying career ambitions. They still get off on being called "Captain" but probably have no more than 1000 hours PIC in their log book.
TJ the angry man, in his various roles, and the Screaming Skull were also incredibly angry humans. I’ve seen both in action and it’s not pretty. When AJ booted TJ from JQ, the showdown was impressive. The 5 foot Irishman sure did give the big angry man a run for his money. A pissed off Irishman can be quite a sight, but when TJ explodes that too is a quite a sight! The Screaming Skull would allow his temper tantrums to spill over into the live flight deck. It happened more than once and then he transferred into the Star Chamber where his skills could be well honed towards the pilot body. At least he was no longer at 38,000 feet with a few hundred lives sitting behind him.

I believe there has been more failures than successes when it comes to pilots shifting from the tin to an office on the ground.