PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA-to-UK pilot licence conversion
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2021, 10:08
chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads up...

So I applied on the 1st April for the UK CAA ATPL licence. I was previously a UK licence holder but like with the many, transferred over to the IAA. The process is currently very slow. As mentioned above by "deltahotel", the application is fairly pain free, however the medical form states that you need to provide all your medical history since I SOLI'd to the IAA. I questioned this with the CAA as I personally had no medical records other than an ECG. The CAA Medical Dept. said to me "just send in what you have"....so I did!? A few weeks later, I then got an e-mail stating that I needed to send them everything otherwise they'll cancel my application!! So thankfully my AME sent me through everything (Class one medicals, audiograms and ECG) which thankfully the CAA subsequently approved.. (So word of advice, grab all your medical history post leaving the UK CAA before sending the form - even though we are paying the CAA £105 for what, I am not sure...!?) The medical department then transfer approval of your medical to the FCL department who in turn verify the documents and then write to the appropriate authority. As mentioned, mine is the IAA - who in turn charge 75 Euros to provide verification to the CAA. The IAA request you fill out their document to say you are happy for the IAA to provide your details to the CAA. <Maybe I should set up my own licencing authority as this is where the money is>. Once the CAA have heard back, then I believe this is the last stage!! (I hope).

Still yet to receive the blue shiny licence with no valid ratings in it as I have no job but fingers crossed I get it soon.

Good luck to you all....