PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Crash Investigation 1993
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:57
OJ 72

Received 55 Likes on 15 Posts

I had flown to Fairford on Fri 23 Jul 93 in the Bucc static aircraft, that doubled as the display spare! After a social lunchtime ‘tequila frenzy’ courtesy of a friendly Texas ANG KC 135 crew I was half dozing on the wing of the jet watching the Russian display and, even in my somewhat ‘dreamy’ state, I realised that their display wasn’t necessarily going to plan!!

The next day, whilst, ahem, ‘recovering’ I recall that a ‘spotter type’ (for some reason I believe that he might have been either German or Belgium?!?) was going along the static line offering to swap the attached photo** for a zap or two!!! He didn’t have to ask twice!! Seemingly this entrepreneurial chap had realised what he had taken, nipped into the nearest ‘ProntoPrint’ (if you’re a ‘Gen Z-er’ or a Millennial then Google it) and ordered about 50 or so express copies!!!

**Sorry about the quality...it’s a phot of a phot that has been stuck in my logbook for the last 28 years!!! 28 years!?! Where did that go?!? Time, like an ever rolling steam...