PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHLAIR Questions/ Etc
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2003, 02:02
tailscrape

Terrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Smith:

DHL Air UK. I believe we have around 180 odd pilots at the minute flying our frames. Around 55%/45% split between pilots employed directly by DHL, and the rest on a loan deal of sorts from another close company in the network, namely AIR CONTRACTORS.

DHL have 50 or so Captains of their own, and around 45 of their own FO's. The corresponding shortfall is made up of ACL Captains and FO's.

It may be true that the ACL FO's will not be promoted whilst on this deal, but as we all know things do change.

DHL promote from within, so direct Commands may be a thing of the past. If you joined now at the BOTTOM of the FO seniority list I would guess on 5 years to command. That could be a lot longer if no one leaves and the ACL FO's get a shot at command.

8 and 6 will suit some, not others. Period.

The management are very good and generally very approachable. The training is good too.

The crews are friendly and we all get on. It can be a really good laugh too at times.

As for money, well DHL have just employed 10 low time guys on about £28000, rising to £41000 over 5 years.

A non type rated FO starts on around £36000 for first year, before jumping to £41000.

We have annual payrises and increments.

A year one Captain is on around £63000 plus allowances.

Allowances for both seats are £2.30 for EVERY hour on duty. That works out at about £6000 a year extra.

There are I am sure better jobs out there. However, there are worse too.

The rest of the package is just about the industry norm.