PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA medical and Covid 19 Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2021, 15:13
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
My last post on this

No I can provide no data on the long term trial because there is no long term trial. Phase 3 is I can assure you totally finished. All authorities monitor drugs and vaccines and this is no exception so we are required to report any side effects. The US publish it on https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html. Looking at for example all doses of Pfizer (they are administering the best part of 500,000 doses a day) there are no deaths. There are 683 events. Many are allergy but note even these patients dont seem ill enough for admission.

The UK data is at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...card-reporting. From 53 million doses the only repetitive issues have been the well publicised clots and 296 allergic reactions. My understanding is none were fatal. No deaths have been contributed to vaccination although some elderly individuals near the end of their life did die shortly after vaccination.

So there is no trial but more analysis than most drugs could provide in decades simply due to the amount of vaccine being given - 11 BILLION doses a year by the end of 2021. If you think the vaccine is dangerous or unproven I dont think you can claim ANY drug or vaccine to be safe. Compare these data with the risk of dying from covid. Tell me how else we stop the pandemic and return our economies let alone aviation to normal.

And Landflap I have absolutely no issues with you refusing the vaccine. I am fully vaccinated and so you pose no risk. It is indeed your choice. However I as a healthcare professional have a wider responsibility to others so I must call you out when you claim others should not take the vaccine for reasons that are not based on the facts. You claim the side effects are being hidden but how? Have our governments gagged every single doctor? They must have missed me out!