PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA medical and Covid 19 Vaccine
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2021, 20:22
Radgirl

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I spend a lot of time talking to vaccine hesitancy people. I am but one of many, and as a result over 90% of the UK population want to be vaccinated. These people want information and they want their questions answered. It is totally justified and I would never criticize. Landflap IMHO is not a vaccine hesitancy person. If having listened to the facts he is happy that his claims of trials, questions as to authorisation and risks of serious illness have no grounding in fact, I am more than willing to accept I am wrong.

Hastily means rashly or too quickly and often carelessly, but these vaccines went through the proper trials, following the requirements set down in advance by the FDA. Vaccines are not drugs. The length of time it takes to demonstrate they prevent illness of death depends upon the number of cases in the population so in the pandemic of 2020 it was possible to get statistically valid data quickly. Since then millions of people have been followed to confirm that data. They demonstrate that with Pfizer for example the efficacy is even higher than demonstrated and also that the safety profile of the trials is correct. Your description is wrong. AZ and similar vaccines have demonstrated a low level of clots but a level a trial would not demonstrate. That is why we follow vaccines and drugs in use. If we wanted to eliminate the risk of any drug or vaccine producing such rare side effects we would effectively never license anything and return to the dark ages.