PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 20th May 2021, 10:54
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts have certainly changed in recent weeks. I think less about the airlines being competitive and combative which is BAU in times of a normal operating environment, to thinking more of a wanting them all to survive. Why? Because the aviation sector is well and truly buggered. In turn, the flow down effect upon our economy, and global economies is immeasurable. Virtually every single business and industry survives because of aviation. Pressure needs to be applied to the correct area - which is the political sphere. They are the ones calling the shots and they need to provide better direction, solutions and workable measures.

Whether we think he is right or wrong, the Prime Minister has made the decision to allow border closures. That’s a third of the job done. JobKeeper and JobSeeker were a third of the job done. Now it’s time for some kind of workable solution to assist the thousands who are still out of work, about to lose their homes or have lost their nest eggs. We should be financially compensated. It sounds extreme but why not. They spend hundreds of billions of dollars on other crap. If we are as resilient as they say, then surely a half competent Government would be able to compensate its people adequately and then recoup those expenses down the track? I notice our politicians are not losing their jobs, businesses and nest eggs. It would be interesting to see the shoe on the other foot. Assholes.