PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Top Aces A-4N AESA Radar
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 22:24
gums

Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts
Salute!

The 1980's sims were not as good as the early 2000's PC stuff if you had good graphics engines and decent CPU speed, maybe multiple monitors.

Nevertheless, when flying actual missions there is that factor that if you screw up or have a bad day or the other guy is really, really good...you can't hit the "esc" key and start over, nor can your wimgmen.

I really learned a lot in the Red Flag and Green Flag exercises so long ago, even with a ton of real life experience behind me. So I respect any here that have actually stood in front of 200+ folks and briefed the mission for the day as I had to do only once. I do not know how the exercises can duplicate the stealth and friendly force coordination that the new plane provides. And I would hope any F-35 pilot here or his opposing friend could talk about how things worked out.

Bottom line is that I enjoy posts from folks that have touched the elephant, or came close, versus the "wisdom" of the pinball wizards here and the pencil pushers in some office using cost-effectiveness models.

Gums sends...