PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 11:30
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the second time the Council has claimed it has listened to the public at the consultation events. Pure rubbish as they use this as an excuse when things go wrong.

Just to correct a couple of my own figures, as I have pulled the documents out. I said the plan was to always expand the existing terminal to 22.5 million passengers as an interim measure. The consultation documents states this figure is actually 21.5 million and is called Phase 1-Project 21.5. I have seen an outline document that shows a modest extension to the front of the terminal that is angled at maybe 35 degrees from between the 2 entrances and ends up by the service road that drops under the terminal. It’s a tiny extension that is meant to add 3.5m capacity to the existing terminal. Actually 2.5 million, as there is an application to add a million passengers with no alterations.

I also said the plan was to quarry 3.4million cubic metres of earth, the documents says the figure was 4,000,000m3, which they claim is the equivalent to 4 Wembley Stadiums.

So let’s look at the original plans. The plan involved digging down up to 22m, shown in mauve and blue and adding also up to 22m to the height of the ground to remove dips

The second screen shot shows the contour lines and how the car parks are in a big hole. Looking at the stands that were to receive the earth, where are they going?

Last edited by LTNman; 19th May 2021 at 12:04.