PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISTAR Air Wing stands up at RAF Waddington
Old 19th May 2021, 10:03
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
popeye107

Oh dear Popeye, I think you have just revealed the small mindedness and pettiness that B Word was getting at. £90,000 is peanuts in that it is indeed about the full cost of flying combat air fast jet. Further, it is a tiny proportion of the defence budget of £42Bn. It is roughly 0.000002% of that budget, which I would also call peanuts.

As for hitting the press, then it is already there. The Daily Mail and MSN ran it 3 days ago. No massive outcry.

The real truth of this is that roughly £1,000 has been spent per scooter for their through life support (including supply, repair, servicing, safety equipment, etc...). It means that a 52-seat shuttle bus is no longer required to shuttle personnel between their living quarters and plans of work. They also now have a faster means of moving around the HAS site independently too - these sites are big and bicycles have been used in the past for similar purposes. Obviously a bunch of eScooters are better for the environment than a big diesel bus that belches all sorts of nasties into the atmosphere too.

You seem to stooping to the depths of the politics of envy and mud-slinging seen from Her Majesty’s Opposition in the House of Commons. It’s all a bit pathetic, really, and I enjoyed Penny Maudant calling out Angela Rayner about it yesterday.

NutLoose It looks like you misunderstand the powers of a Commanding Officer (CO), that are vastly different to a Officer Commanding (OC), and how there can be only one CO. Have a squint at QRs and then you will understand how powers of discipline works and that ‘job sharing’ command for discipline is not the way to do business. I agree with B Word’s points, in that often the ‘bright ideas club’ fail to understand the nuances of those bright ideas and we go from bad to worse in the name of ‘improvement’.