PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 09:07
Brian Pern

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems to me that Jet2 are being very risk adverse, maybe too much, but only time will tell.

Interestingly, Mrs P's Sister has expressed interest in traveling to Portugal in the near future, she has accss to a villa in Quateria, I just had a look for her, she lives in the North, so I checked MAN-FAO. At the moment Ryanair, Easyjet have at least one flight every day, of course seats are getting in short supply so prices reflect this, but in late June the prices are much better, for example right now, Ryanair have 2 flights on 24th June, Easyjet and Jet2 have one, what surprised me was the difference in price, for a seat only. Jet2 currently £375, Ryanair £60 and £130, Easyjet £179, even with hold luggage bags, seats and priority Jet2 are at least £250 more than Ryanair, even for return flights. I know Jet2 are a holiday company these days but even TUI are cheaper.

So I checked the cheapest Package holidays 7 nights, Jet2 just pip TUI by around £40, although it is not the same hotel, while Easyjet are £20 more.
It does not mean anything, but looking at flights in the next few weeks, it appears to me Jet2 could are missing a beat here, they could be running flights only to help people travel, it would not take that much to return to service, no need for reps and of course it would help put some much needed money in the coffers.