PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-10
Thread: Luton-10
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 08:37
cavokblues

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How sustainable is the council's approach to the airport in terms of their 'build it cheap' mentality?

Airlines can offer bargain prices whilst they're being driven by expansion but, at some point, could we expect the market to saturate and then airlines start to look to mature and improve their customer experience to drive higher revenues. Ryanair have certainly changed their tact in recent years, trying to target business flyers etc and improve their customer experiences (with mixed results I guess) but the flippant attitude towards customer service that was so prevalent a decade ago seems to have gone.

I guess my point is, in 20 years time or so, is there a reasonable chance that customers will be put off by how shoddy the experience is at Luton if airlines are no longer providing the cheap tickets they currently do, and look to fly through other alternatives? Will airlines demand a nicer airport experience for their customers?

I know it has been rumoured on here in the past that other airlines have looked at Luton, ie Alitalia and Jet2 which maybe the airport could have attracted if they weren't so preoccupied by the 'build it cheap' mentality.