PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 06:19
43Inches

Received 425 Likes on 233 Posts
You have a 100% chance of dying at some point, an about 1% chance of it being from the 'Killer Pandemic'; that's less than cancer or heart disease and about on par with croaking in a vehicle accident. I am assuming you're a pilot, and have had to manage risk at some point? Do the same here.
Because I do get out there and do things I have almost died from a bacteria far worse than Covid. That being said, your understanding of statistics is lacking, you don't catch heart disease or cancer, these things are genetic dispositions or some exposure to things that cause them, ie bad diet for heart disease or long term exposure to smoking for cancer. The 1% we discuss with Covid is your chance of dieing from it now, not what your possible eventual cause of death will be. Things that give you 1/100 chance of a heart attack or cancer immediately or quickly resulting in your death are heavily regulated for the safety of the stupid. This is why electricians do your house wiring and strict regulations of food or who can operate machinery etc. Some idiot who does not wish to quarantine can just walk past sneeze on me and I now have Covid and a 1 in 100 chance of dieing from it within a few weeks. Here's a contentious thought, a study on suicide attempts found only 1.5% of attempts using cuts or drugs resulted in death, so people that actually try to kill themselves using medical means are only slightly more likely to die of it than Covid infection.