PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISTAR Air Wing stands up at RAF Waddington
Old 18th May 2021, 22:18
NutLoose

Received 2,920 Likes on 1,249 Posts
B word, when I was mentioning He, it was simply because the two people involved are male, I do recognise that their are female senior officers as well and rightly so, it was just I was in the thought realm of the present and future staff.

. So when Aircrew need sanctioning under QR1027 for failure to get or attain Combat Ready, how is the CO going to do this when it requires Aircrew in the chain to do this (the top of that chain being the CO)? This is the problem with all this change at the moment, it’s so poorly staffed, rapidly rushed in as a so-called “sprint” and mainly comes from the 3-star’s and 4-star’s fag packets. The 2nd and 3rd order effects are just missed... Detail? Bzzzzzzzz! That’s for someone else to sweep up after I’ve done my 2 year stint..
Why can’t o/c Ops do that as a Wing Commander and the Staish oversee it, after all the o/c Ops should be of a higher rank than the majority of aircrew on a Sqn, but here is a suggestion, one assumes that these cases are few and far between, why not have your “Group Captain” centralised somewhere covering these cases for the whole of the RAF instead of one on each station.

Last edited by NutLoose; 18th May 2021 at 22:31.