PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISTAR Air Wing stands up at RAF Waddington
Old 18th May 2021, 19:15
The B Word

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Just to throw a little grenade into the argument trench of the positives of non-Aircrew running stations - “cos they know what they’re doing, as they’ve been doing it for years”.

The replacement Stn Cdr in the link above is an IntO. How much training does an IntO get over above that of Aircrew? [I’ll give you a clue... none]

The other thing that hasn’t been bottomed out. The Stn Cdr is the CO - ie. they (note gender neutral NutLoose - as officers aren’t all “he/him” these days) are the top of the pinnacle for discipline on station. So when Aircrew need sanctioning under QR1027 for failure to get or attain Combat Ready, how is the CO going to do this when it requires Aircrew in the chain to do this (the top of that chain being the CO)? This is the problem with all this change at the moment, it’s so poorly staffed, rapidly rushed in as a so-called “sprint” and mainly comes from the 3-star’s and 4-star’s fag packets. The 2nd and 3rd order effects are just missed... Detail? Bzzzzzzzz! That’s for someone else to sweep up after I’ve done my 2 year stint...