PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and the Aviation industry
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2021, 09:23
Alex Whittingham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following up on earlier posts I asked Austro Control the following:

I have a policy question for you, if you have time, please. We are used to the idea that ATPL TK exams have a 36 month validity for CPL licence issue under FCL.025 (c)(1) and the implications of FCL.025 (c)(2) only normally affect people who have been off flying for a long time. However when you read that para it clearly says that ATPL TK exams are valid for issue of an ATPL for 7 years since the last IR expired.On that basis, pilots who had previously passed EASA ATPL TK exams, under the UK normally but also possibly under the authority of another Member State, and who failed to transfer SOLI out of the UK before exit day and therefore currently hold a UK ATPL or a UK CPL IR are asking whether their historic ATPL TK exam passes are valid on this basis to gain an EASA ATPL with a state such as Austro, ie exams credited, only Class 1 and flight tests required.

I have to say I can’t see why not. What is the official Austro view, please?
I asked them to put it to their policy unit and give a yes/no answer. They reply:

We ... cannot avoid confirming definitively and in purely legal terms that is possible for the candidates to apply with the existing certificate from our point of view. Nevertheless, if the candidates decide to issue the license with us, we would inform EASA accordingly about the recognition of the certificates by us. Should political objections then arise, we would at least know this in advance and would not have to burden candidates with contingencies afterwards.