PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2021, 02:09
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

I do not know what costing model they are using, but sounds like the ones that the greenies use to justify reverting to the stone age.

Other than inflation, about every plane I can remember since the 60's got cheaper to operate until the suppliers of parts went away 'cause the company went outta business. The maintenance procedures were refined and became more efficient each month! I saw this firsthand in the A-37, the A-7D and the F-16. The most amazing one was the F-16.

Ain't no way to get a new plane operational in ten years that will be cheaper to operate in then-year-dollars than today for the F-35.

I am very confused and do not know where these folks are going. I wanna see all the factors they are using to calculate the unit maintenace and whatever. Once you have more than two or three on the ramp, the cost per platform goes down in a hurry. I do not need another troop to refuel the plane next to me. The same guy that replaces a box can do it on the next plane over just as easily if he has the box.

These guys seem to be calculating the cost per plane as if it is the only one on the planet, and all suppliers and parts and such are dedicated to the one plane.

Gums sends...