PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC135
Thread: EC135
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2021, 20:21
gipsymagpie

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
FADEC FAIL - Power available on good engine

I thought I understood the FADEC FAIL / manual throttle logic but was recently given a new perspective from someone who was taught by factory TRI. Looking for some 2nd opinions.

Currently teaching is that when you get a FADEC FAIL / manual throttle, you set the engine to 80% N1 /20-30% torque respectively iaw the PCL. Then (and this the critical part) you are limited to AEO limits on remaining engine. However, people being taught by Airbus TRI are saying the “good” engine is limited to OEI. This of course would make the whole procedure simple. Set and forget in a sea level/temperate environment. Even the roll off on the ground becomes simple. (Obviously it does mention AEO limits in the PCL but only if you subsequently increase the manual throttle above 80% N1/30% torque).

This is discussed in this thread going back 11 years but I was wondering if anyone had anything in writing from the Airbus TRI? There is one mention in the training manual of this in that it says one of the triggers for “OEI mode” of the FLI is a FADEC FAIL but it’s specific to T3/P3 (OEI mode shifts where the “bong” happens - instead of 10 FLI, it’s 13.5 FLI).