PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 17th May 2021, 14:58
Supercub1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions and Advice (UK)

This is my first post so you’ll have to excuse me.

I won’t bore you with the usual I’ve always wanted to be a pilot ect. Just need some honest advice on training and the state of the industry. (I understand you don’t have a crystal ball but any thoughts appreciated)

I’ve been planing on starting an ATPL course next summer. I am currently undecided on the integrated v modular route. I am aware that many seem to prefer modular so I was wondering if I could get some up to date advice on UK Schools and especially the process of the modular route, it’s likely this would be full time. Also if I were to go integrated I would probably be looking at (CAE).
Do you guys have any pros and cons of each method?
(I have read some older posts but just wondering if there was more up to date info)

However in your opinions is it even worth starting training in a year? Should I be trying to space out my training? Should I try work some other aviation related jobs or just go straight into learning.

Thanks in advance for your contributions and sorry if this was a little messy/in the wrong place. Just really want to know the best course of action to take to achieve my dream.