PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin 3.1
Thread: Virgin 3.1
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2021, 00:37
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34
While I think I know where you’re coming from mate, there a hundreds if not thousands of former Airline Pilots who are now getting out of bed for even less.

If you’ve been fortunate or even prudent enough to secure a good retirement from your career, then more power to you.
I hear you Krusty. It was once a respected career choice, to be an airline pilot. But the days of corporate greed, CEO greed and shareholder demands has created an imbalance. Once upon a time an airline could make good money and pay good remuneration for a Pilot, all this at the same time. The two worked hand in hand, almost in a symbiotic relationship, but not anymore. The pendulum has swung away from beneficial pilot/employer relationships to a relationship of distrust and disrespect on both sides. I don’t know if or how this can or will be ever returned. Airline executives need to understand the skills a Pilot and an Engineer (and other good folk) have and treat them as professionals who have spent lots of money and lots of years becoming a necessary and valuable tool in their organisation. Pilots, Engineers and others need to understand a CEO/Board role and how without money and profits there will be no airline. Whoever can solve that conundrum and successfully market it in todays environment will probably become wealthier than that parasite Bill Gates.